HOME
: | SPECIAL NOTE : Please feel free to share and publish any of my articles, and kindly credit the author, thank you.

PROFILES - Google-12 Million | Personal | Interfaith Speaker : OldNew | Muslim Speaker : OldNew | Motivational Speaker | CV

Thursday, December 26, 2013

A purposeful life for 2014


MAKING YOUR LIFE PURPOSEFUL
www.TheGhouseDiary.com

You can make your life purposeful, meaningful and enjoyable. Another year is about to go away. LOL, some of my friends will read this note next year, but for those who read it now, I urge you to consider spending an hour with yourselves.

How do you do that? It’s a simple formula that has worked for many.  Just imagine the amount of time you spend on facebook, and take 1 hour out in the next 5 days – that is less than 1% of your time in a week.

Here is a step by step outline, write the following bullets on your cell phone, computer or napkin and reflect on the current situation, ideal situation and what you will do it about it, so next year this time, you can say, I have achieved some, and I am happier to have a grip on my life.


1. My relationship with my immediate family – the hi’s and lo’s
2. My relationship with my friends
3. My financial status
4. My profession
5. My spirituality
6. My contribution to the world
7. My future

Write the above bullets or whatever works for you and think about each time while driving, while taking a shower, or while waiting for your appointment and in your reflective moments.

As an example to share, here is a part of my life, of course, I am sharing generic information with you, and specifics will remain private. By the way, there is not much private about me and I am happier for not being secretive. Nothing about me is within me, my family and friends know everything about me.

1. Family wise there is improvement , more time needs to be spent.
2. Relationship with friends has been steady
3. Financially I have not improved a bit over the last year
4. 313 Articles/year goal was achieved this year as well 
4 .The book Standing up for others is delayed
4 . Did not open a session at Capitol Hill with Pluralism greeting
4. Over 300 News papers have published my work world wide this year.
5. Spirituality has become more pluralistic and more boundaryless
6. My contribution to the well being of others has improved, not all is done
7. My future is what I make with the blessings of the spirit around me, and from my friends and the people I know.

You may consider making your plans; you will be amazed how much you'll achieve once you have them in place. Please look for the fuller note at www.TheGhouseDiary.com

Mike Ghouse
MikeGhouse.net
...............................................................................................................................
Mike Ghouse is a speaker, thinker and a writer on pluralism
, politics, peace, Islam, Israel, India, interfaith, and cohesion at work place. He is committed to building a Cohesive America and offers pluralistic solutions on issues of the day at www.TheGhousediary.com. He believes in Standing up for others and a book with the same title is coming up. Mike has a strong presence on national and local TV, Radio and Print Media. He is a frequent guest on Sean Hannity show on Fox TV, and a commentator on national radio networks, he contributes weekly to the Texas Faith Column at Dallas Morning News; fortnightly at Huffington post; and several other periodicals across the world. His personal site www.MikeGhouse.net indexes all his work through many links.
...............................................................................................................................

Yo

No comments:

Post a Comment